Covey developed a unique take on ‘time management;’ truly a misnomer, as the context is fundamentally about energy management and life management.
In the true sense you cannot manage time, but you can prevent it from managing you; and you are the one inserting the content that moves your life forward; either mundanely or, as I live it, in Sequential Overdrive.
Some outtakes from Covey’s cleanly executed narrative:
- Anything less than a conscious commitment to the important is an unconscious commitment to the unimportant.
- The Management Matrix: The four quadrants
- The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing!
- The Center of Focus: To spend time in any other circle diminishes our effectiveness.
- The objective is not to fill the container to the ‘brim.’
- There is a powerful difference when we live in the Kairos or Abundance Paradigm.